Posted: Aug 23, 2013 by NUS SSWS in
0


Hello everyone! Based on some feedback, some of you expressed interest in knowing more about the experience of the EXCO members and what is the commitment like. We will be sharing some of our experience in this blog and we hope that by reading our sharing, you will be able to get a better insight to joining the Executive Committee J

Serving two terms of the Executive Committee has made my first two years of university a fulfilling and enjoyable one. When I was in Year 1, I decided to join the 25th Executive Committee as I felt that being a leader in a society was something very new to me. Furthermore, as a freshmen camper in the Social Work Freshmen Orientation Camp, I got to receive a lot of love from the seniors. It was after the camp that I was sure that Social Work was the place for me and I wanted to serve these people who gave their hearts out to the people in need. Being in the 25th Executive Committee was a great experience as not only did I learn to work with different people, but also got to know of a group of wonderful friends. After my term as the Secretary in the 25th, I decided to continue on in the 26th Executive Committee, hoping to learn how to work with different kind of people and know myself better as a leader. Initially I hesitated a lot to join because I was afraid to take on the role of the President as I felt that I might not have the ability to do it. However with the encouragement of my fellow social work mates, I decided to take a leap of faith to take on the role. In this one year, I have learnt so much and gained so much experience in becoming a leader and member of the 26th Executive Committee. Of course, there were some struggles during the term but looking back, I never once regretted joining and taking on the role. Without the 25th and 26th Executive Committee, I will not have made it this far and grown so much in terms of self.  It has really been a good 2 years J

For those of you who are still hesitating to join because you are afraid that you do not have the ability, I encourage you to take a leap of faith! No one is perfect, and we all start somewhere! I believe that joining the exco will be a good learning journey for you (:

Love,
Clarice Lee

0 comments: